The primary aims of the Woodbridge Cruising Club are as follows:
To promote the sport of offshore sailing in order to:
- To give skippers and crews confidence, and thereby increase their experience and cruising range.
- To practise navigation and seamanship, as taught at RYA yacht-master and other lectures in the Clubhouse every winter.
- To become extra safety conscious with regard to their yacht and all her equipment.
- To experience flotilla sailing.
- To offer cruising and yachting experience to those who do not have the facility of a yacht.