2018 Season

Canoe Cruises

After days of cold winds and heavy rain Thursday, May 3rd was fine, sunny and warm, much to the relief of ten members of the club who arrived at Sudbury to take charge of five Canadian canoes of the River Stour Boating Trust.  Accompanied by two Trust volunteer guides, they then spent a morning of not too strenuous paddling down the beautiful river enjoying the signs of spring in the countryside. After a few stops at weirs where we portaged the canoes we had worked up an appetite for the tasty lunch at the end of our trip – ham, egg and chips at The Eight Bells at Bures. Amazingly we were able to enjoy our meal outside in warm sunshine, before returning by mini-bus to our cars at Wissington.

The following Wednesday, May 9th, the sun was shining again for ten more club members to canoe down a lower section of the river from Wissington with another two helpful guides from the Boating Trust. Their day was made a little more challenging by trees which had fallen across the river and which they needed to find a way past. Once again the group enjoyed a delicious al fresco lunch at the end of their trip at The Swan at Stratford St Mary.

This was the third year of canoe trips by the Cruising Club and we thank the excellent River Stour Boating Trust who provided us with all the necessary equipment needed for our trips, ferried us to the start point and back to our cars and organised the lunches.

Deben Discovery


Although the Deben Discover was planned to start on Friday 18th May at Ramsholt, only a couple of boats made it that evening. Most of the cruise members arrived at Waldringfield late morning on the Saturday and several took their chances on the bar and found it not much changed but a little shallower.

Although a few boats started the timed passage out to the Washington Buoy, a contrary wind sent all but three either back into the Deben or off for a gentle sail before HW and a return to the river. Andy Larwood, single handed on ABERRATION had the shortest time on handicap and was duly presented with the Aldred Cup later that evening.

Finding our moorings at Waldringfield wasn’t so easy this year as Mark Barton wasn’t on hand to help us and those pesky buoys have a habit of hiding the numbered side! But eventually everyone was hooked up, the BBQs which Colin and Jean White (cruise leaders) had brought from the Club were lit and a merry gathering of cruise members and wheeled cruise members (probably over 40 altogether) got cooking.

The cruise ended on Sunday morning in brilliant sunshine, some boats going for a sail, some returning to the Orwell once their draught allowed and others waiting for the tide to rise to enable them to return up river to their berths or moorings.

Thank you, Jean and Colin, for arranging such wonderful weather and doing the considerable planning for this short, but enjoyable cruise. Bring on the summer!                                                                    Sally and Neville Pearce  CORANTO

Cruise Report – Ore & Alde 30th May – 3rd June 2018


The weather for this year’s Ore & Alde cruise was very different from the strong winds encountered last year and although rather dull and at times foggy it was warm with pleasant light winds.  A total of 9 yachts signed up for the cruise, but two had engine problems before the start, Tinker Too went a day early, so only 6 yachts set off from the Orwell and Deben respectively on Wednesday 30th May.  Hannah, Aberration, Bobby, Twizzle, Orca and Offshore Dream.  After a rather gentle beam reach up the coast, we arrived at the entrance to the Ore just before high tide. (@ 30 min before HW Harwich).  Pilotage into the river was very straight forward with no problems or scary moments with depth of water. (min depth observed 3.0m)  On arrival at Orford the HM was waiting and had allocated us buoys in fairly close proximity.

We met ashore for SADs in brilliant sunshine at the Orford Sailing Club.  We were made very welcome by their Commodore Johnny Howard and Cruise Captain Migs Howard who also joined us for drinks.  Two more WCC couples arrived by car so that 18 of us enjoyed a DIY BBQ.  Due to the cool NE breeze we sat inside the clubhouse with a river view almost as good as WCC!   Thanks to the generosity of the OSC Commodore we had use of the OSC showers, loos, gas BBQ, cutlery, crockery, glasses and their clubhouse which was a real bonus.

Next day we arranged a ferry trip across to the Ness so that we could visit the Orford Lighthouse for which we had obtained the key.  We walked the mile and a half to the lighthouse, noticing the wild flowers and birds and then climbed lots of stairs inside the tower!   At the top the view was somewhat restricted by the foggy conditions on the coast.  However, the lighthouse (built in 1792) was most interesting and we felt rather privileged to be able to enter and explore the building before it falls into the sea.  Most of the locals at Orford predict that it cannot last more than another couple of years.


On Friday we sailed to Aldeburgh where we had booked dinner in the Aldeburgh Yacht Club.   We were joined by the AYC Commodore Patrick and last year’s Commodore Tikki and 8 more of their members.  Hence 24 jolly sailors enjoyed a good meal and a very convivial evening.

Saturday saw 3 of the fleet depart for home ports whilst the remaining 4 yachts sailed down the river to anchor for the night in Abrahams Bosum.  A delightful and quiet anchorage except for the noisy sea birds.   Here we all got on board Hannah and finished off the SADs. (more noise)

On Sunday the 4 WCC yachts set off in line astern to return to the Deben.  Despite some reservations about the best route out of the river we opted for the “usual” route which was to hug the seaward shore keeping about one boat length off and thus keeping out of the strong incoming tide.  Departure was planned for HW at the Orford Bar minus 2 hours and again with this timing no depth issues were encountered (minimum depth found was 2.9 meters).  However, once out at sea we sailed straight into dense sea fog which made for an interesting trip back to the Deben entrance and required the use of our old radar to locate the Haven Buoy.  As expected, once in the Deben we came out of the fog into a bright and sunny afternoon.  A fitting end to a most enjoyable cruise.

Cruise Report Walton Backwaters June 15-18

The Walton Backwaters Club cruise got under way on Friday June 15. The weather forecast for the week end was a little uncertain with a deep low going through north easterly  in the Faroes Gap and strong winds on Thursday but by Friday weather had settled and was pretty fair with some sunshine and initially little wind later westerly increasing to a very acceptable W F 3-4. For this cruise some 13 boats signed up namely: Expression, Emminence, Mimi, Twizzle, Nancy Blacket, Offshore Dream, Willow of Hamble, Aquataur, Bobby, Amaryllis, Tinkertoo, Eternite, Amata, and Osiris

But there were problems for Osiris and Twizzle. Osiris  had gearbox trouble on the point of leaving her mooring  and got nowhere, whilst  Twizzle  at anchor in Hamford water on Friday night discovered her fridge freezer had over-stretched the batteries just three days before a planned trip to France and  had to return to base in a hurry for emergency repairs.

On this occasion Nancy Blackett from the NB Trust joined the cruise with 4 crew aboard three of whom were new to Club cruises and all of whom greatly enjoyed the social interaction with other crews, also showing off the 80 year old Nancy to any  interested club members.

Nancy Blackett and crew in fact had a great day’s sailing on Friday in good sunshine and W F3-4 in the Orwell and Stour before joining four club boats berthed  in Shotley for the night- Amaryllis, Offshore Dream, Bobby, and Eternite.   Nancy’s crew were warmly welcomed to the evening drinks at the Shipwreck bar. Other club members spent the night at anchor at Levington, Hamford Water or even still at home.

Saturday started off pretty calm with warm sunshine and no wind but as we all got going from Shotley the sun became a little shy and eventually disappeared leaving a brisk WF4 and cloudy skies. By the time of the expected 1300 rendezvous at Landguard the wind over tide  conditions produced  a lumpy course directly into the wind, meaning  sails  were stowed by Amata, Expression, Bobby  and Nancy Blackett  to motor  from the Pye End buoy past Stone point into Titchmarsh marina where most other club members were already gathered. SADS took place in a brisk wind but still relatively warm and were then followed by  the cruise dinner where 24 members sat down including team Osiris who had motored over so as not to miss the social activities (i.e. SADS!).

Sunday opened with great plans by many – a trip up the mast perhaps or to fix a jammed third reef , or even  a group lunch rafted together in Hamford Water but in the end all boats did their own thing and relaxed.  Amaryllis welcomed Team Osiris and others on board for a leisurely lunch before returning to drop guests off at the marina. Nancy Blackett team mostly went off to explore the coast path to the Red Sea [aka the Wade in Arthur Ransome’s Secret  Water]. Bobby left early to get back home in time for the Woodbridge Regatta. Others just chilled out.

Monday dawned rather grey and overcast with spots of rain and looked unwelcome early on but as we all awaited the rising tide the sun came out, the Westerly/South Westerly came up to steady F4 and many boats including Nancy Blackett had a rapid run in glorious sailing conditions all the way back to home ports to moor up again by mid to late afternoon.  Thanks to cruise leaders David and Janet Sparrow for leading and organisation of the cruise which went off so well.                                   Neil Brooks (on Nancy Blackett)

Three Countries Cruise Report

The forecast was SW4/5 with moderate seas, the day was Wed 20th June and the first leg was to Ramsgate. Twizzle(cruise leader), Supernaut and Orca set out from Harwich at 10am and they sailed and motorsailed into the sometimes head wind , and following a bumpy ride all arrived in Ramsgate safely. Their crews were able to rest in port for two days allowing Aberration, with crew John Warwick and Norman Mears to join them. In case you are wondering, it didn’t take Aberration three days to cross the Thames estuary after taking a few wrong turns at swatchways, in fact they had an easier crossing with a following wind but just started a day or two late. All crews dined at a very good Thai restaurant that night, joined by Mark and Claire Richardson who were moored at Ramsgate after their crossing from Boulogne.

The next day, Sat 22nd, we all had a leisurely start at 9am bound for Dunkirk with a SW4/5 + sun and 39 nm to cover. The first waypoint was the Gull ECM then a very DIRECT course to Dunkirk passing the Sandettie WSW, Ruytingen NW, Dyck Est and DW19, leaving only 5 miles to slog along the Dunkirk inshore channel. This shorter route still allowed us to avoid the shallowest banks on the French side which would have been tricky if we had encountered heavy weather. All yachts had a great sail across the Dover Straits with several ships encountered in the lanes but no close quarters situations taking place.

We all berthed at the Yacht Club De La Mer Du Nord and the staff took our lines even though the place was very busy with local yacht club celebrations in full swing, including a live band, boat jumble etc. Freeman and Ruth entertained us with SADS on Twizzle and then most crews sampled the delights of Dunkirk.

The following day was taken up exploring the museums including the recently refurbished Operation Dynamo museum, the ships in the central basin and sampling the French cuisine, but I have to say the mussels were not as good as they used to be.

On Mon 25th it was a F2/3 and an 8.30am start to sail to Zeebrugge or should I say motor with Twizzle arriving in good time to take lines for all of us.

We were in Belgium now, anticipating lots of paperwork bureaucracy and possible Brexit fuelled red diesel fines, but to our great relief we didn’t even have to present any Schengen papers or passports and signed nothing. The marina was a bit quiet and deserted with only two restaurants open so we picked the best one and had a very good meal.

The next day was still wall to wall sunshine, a N3/4, so cool out at sea, and we all motored out of the harbour and on to the Westerschelde. We had a great sail beating to windward avoiding the many ships, enabling all four of us to get into the same lock cycle at Vlissingen. The ship lock is designed for commercial traffic and there is a lack of mooring points on the towering walls so each of us had to secure with an amidships warp only with plenty of fenders and pray. However, it was a very gentle lock that day and nobody came to grief.

We found ourselves amongst a chaotic “Blue Wave” convoy in the Walcheren canal, with lots of jockeying for positions at the many bridge openings but the battle hardened WCC yachts all tactically fought their way to the front of the convoy to get the best space on the waiting pontoon at Middleburg.




We were soon into the basin, all in box moorings, yards away from the Arne Y.C. where we dined in an excellent manner, including entertainment from “Parker” courtesy of John.







We spent the next 3 days at the delightful Middleburg, during which time Twizzle and Orca cycled to Veere, Supernaut walked to Veere, Aberration explored the town and Orca caught the train to Goes and explored the Veerse Meer by sail. On Fri Ruth returned to Woodbridge by Ferry and Norman kindly joined Freeman on Twizzle to crew for the rest of the trip.

Sat30th brought a NE3 so we headed for Oostende aided by 3 knots of tide down the coast to arrive at Oostende Y.C where we found ourselves in the company of a large racing fleet from Brightlingsea Y.C. In the evening, Freeman proposed a toast to Steph who unfortunately couldn’t join the trip.

The following day Twizzle and Aberration set out at 6am for SYH in a NE4/5 which involved much motorsailing, however, Twizzle enjoyed the antics of a dolphin near the Galloper wind farm. Orca and Supernaut left Oostende a bit later bound for Dunkirk, then onwards to Ramsgate and home.

All in all, a very successful trip blessed with excellent weather.       Andy Larwood (Aberration)

Lowestoft and Southwold Cruise 12-15 JULY

It is a good idea if the lead boat is on time for the rendezvous at the Woodbridge Haven SWM. However, due to large vessel movements at Harwich, Star-Ven and other yachts leaving the Orwell did not quite make it at the appointed time of 1045 and the fleet that left for Lowestoft became a little strung out.

The expected NE wind made for difficult sailing conditions, and when it piped up to F5, most motor-sailed off the wind, but it was hard work. There was at least an hour between the first and last boat arrivals at Royal Norfolk & Suffolk YC, but we were able to break out the beer, wine and nibbles for the first pontoon ‘Safe Arrivals Drinks’ (SADs) of the trip. As one observed, it was more LADs (late arrivals drinks) than SADs! Nonetheless, we all enjoyed an excellent dinner in the Yacht Club dining room. It was good to know that the next day was being spent in Lowestoft, especially since it is supposed to be unlucky to set sail on a Friday 13th!

The morning was taken up with a most interesting tour of the Green Jack brewery, owned by Tim Dunford who also ran the tour. His enthusiasm and knowledge of his subject was evident and the hour passed in a flash. We then transferred from the brewery to the local Green Jack pub The Triangle Tavern for a beer tasting and generous buffet lunch. No less than eight ales were sampled, and somehow, the efforts of the previous day’s exertions on the water were forgotten. For those museum aficionados, there was an afternoon visit to the Royal Naval Patrol Association Museum and the East Suffolk Maritime Museum. The RNPA museum is all about volunteer trawlers used for mine sweeping duties in WW2.

Southwold beckoned on the Saturday, and we all left in good spirits with a calm sea and gentle breeze to arrive at midday HW at the Harbour Inn moorings. The afternoon allowed some to visit the Southwold lighthouse and an impromptu dinner in the Harbour Inn was attended by all crews after a second SADs on the staging. Despite the narrow walkway, nobody fell off into the mud with the tide well out by that time. As a bonus we were treated to a session with the ‘Strumalongs’ ukulele group comprising Sally and Neville Pearce and Steph Heenan and they were accompanied by John Foster on guitar. The sing-along was a great way to end the cruise.

The final day saw all yachts return to home ports in light airs under the same clear skies that we had all the trip. Stephen Lines and Jonathan Metcalfe, Star-ven


Blackwater Cruise Report August 13-20th 2018

16 boats took part in this cruise, although not all of them set out at the same time.  The fleet included the classic yawl Nirvana of Arklow, sailed by Peter and Nancy Clay on their first cruise with the club. The majority set off at a very civilised time to catch the tide going southwards on Monday.  The weather was fine and a smooth passage was made down the Wallet, enabling the fleet to arrive in Brightlingsea with plenty of water for even the deepest draft boats.  There was the usual mass radio communication whilst we all attempted to contact the harbour master for berthing arrangements, but we were soon all settled and rafted on the same pontoon.  There was plenty of time to relax before SADS were held beside March Hare




Everyone was well oiled as we set off on the launch to go to the Kovalam for a very pleasant meal.  At the same time crews were arranged for those boats going to Rowhedge the following day.




The meal was finished in enough time to get the last launch back to our boats, probably for various nightcaps.

Bobby arrived later after a rather uncomfortable wait outside the harbour.  Plans were made for our departure to Rowhedge, 7 boats taking the flood up the river for lunch.  Hannah grabbed the pontoon as she needed to be away first, whilst the others rafted against the wall and settled down to a well-earned beer and picnic lunch.  Nyang managed to order a couple of takeaway sandwiches from the rather unfriendly bar staff.


Just before HW the boats cast off and made their way back to Brightlingsea, but as the tide was falling we had to moor up the opposite way round, which would not make the following morning’s departure easy.  Nyang was turned by Graham Bush with the help of many willing hands, so that problem was solved and a sleepless night avoided.

The next morning Bobby was first to depart and reported very shallow water.  Nyang’s crew was deafened by the depth alarm (it won’t turn off!) as we crept very gingerly out of the creek, but everyone made it and sails were set for a lock in at Heybridge around 15:45.  The winds were in the wrong direction!  They were also a little stronger than expected.  The bigger, faster boats managed to sail the whole way.  Nyang was doing reasonably well, but we worked out that continuing to tack would not only double the distance, but cause us to miss the lock.  The decision was taken out of our hands, however, when an unnamed, cruel, heartless vessel within our fleet put us about (quite legitimately), so we decided to continue under motor.  Meanwhile, Bobby had decided that she was going to miss the lock, and Expression turned back to Bradwell due to engine problems.  Tinkertoo stood by her until she was safely towed in by the Bradwell launch.  The rest of the fleet managed to reach the lock in time, but not necessarily the one which had been so efficiently planned by our admiral on March Hare.  Anyway, we all made it in, and moored up in configuration Mk 3.  At this point we were joined by Tony and Anne on Amaryllis.

The forecast was not good for the planned BBQ the following day, so as luck would have it a car was available to take some shoppers up to Tesco’s so that we could BBQ a day early.  orders were taken and the shoppers departed.  We were joined by club caravanners: Sally, Neville, Phil and Janet.  The crew of Expression had also been collected so that they could join in.  That evening we had a very convivial meal with entertainment provided afterwards by Flotsam (singers), Jetsam (ukuleles), together with songs from Tony Watts, John Foster and Graham Card on their guitars.

The next day the heavens opened so we hunkered down, or visited the pub or each other until it stopped in the late afternoon.  Six teams then took part in a very seriously fought kubb (pronounced koob according to Google) competition.

One team twigged that the slope seemed to have a bearing on success and managed to commandeer that end, so became the overall winners;  they remain nameless, but they did share their chocolate prize.  Competition completed, most repaired to the pub for a meal.


The next day the weather was fine and crews prepared for an afternoon departure for West Mersea.  Some went for a walk, some got the bus to Maldon, but all were ready for a 15:30  preparation to lock out.  10 boats were in the first lock- there wasn’t much room left for Eminence!

It was a good sail back to West Mersea and the launch did a good job of finding us moorings; although we were very spread out and some found their mooring rather exposed to wind and tide later on that night when the wind got up.  Expression rejoined the fleet, but Bobby stayed in Bradwell.

The next day we were collected by the launch and went ashore for lunch at the Oyster Bar.  Then there were after lunch walks, visits to the Yacht club, and some went to see the local regatta.

The wind blew up, registering about 23kt in the shelter of Salcott Creek but all boats arrived safely in Bradwell the following afternoon, ready for a meal and quiz at the Green Man in the evening.

The next morning we set off for home ports around 08:00, but this time there was no wind at all.  It was a long motor for us, although we did manage to get some wind in our sails up the Orwell.  It was a wonderful cruise, and our thanks go to John and Diana for making it so happy and successful.  However I don’t think I was the only one who went to bed very early that night!

Participating Boats: Amaryllis, Amata, Bobby, Eminence, Eternite, Expression, Finesse, Gravitas, Hannah, March Hare, Nirvana, Nyang, Osiris, Segret, Tinkertoo, Wild Magic

The Walton Pond Cruise – 7th to 10th September

Nine boats had signed up for the cruise led by John and Liz Mills (Gravitas), which entailed an arduous passage to the Walton Backwaters followed by some serious creek crawling into the quaint confines of the Walton and Frinton YC Pond. Entry would need to be achieved on a rising tide close to high water. In view of this, boats from the Deben (Gravitas, Hannah, and Hotspur) left on Friday for various interim destinations, in a cold westerly wind which gusted to F6 during the afternoon. Gravitas (on which Barbara and myself were guests) spent the night in Hamford Water, waking to a pleasant breeze and soon seeing a procession of boats heading into the Twizzle and thence into Foundry Reach leading to Walton Pond. Berthing was a little haphazard with the lead boat (despite previous requests) being rafted out, and Hannah being allocated a somewhat shallow alongside berth.

The gate closed at local HW (not explained in the Almanac or in pre-cruise enquiry to Bedwells) and 15 minutes later a mast appeared outside. Had someone missed the turn in the Twizzle?   No, it was Finesse who had slightly underestimated the passage time from Shotley. Not to be missed now was the sight of Liz running back and forth to enlist Bedwells’ staff to re-open the gate (assisted by John using technical expertise to poke it with a boathook), which was duly achieved and, Finesse safely rafted, it was time for a well-earned drink in the Clubhouse. The arrival of Finesse made a total of three ‘single handers’ in the Pond (Amata and Aberration being the other two). Two boats (Offshore Dream and Amaryllis) had opted for the easier but less colourful option of Titchmarsh Marina.

After a leisurely afternoon exploring Walton or relaxing, SADs was hosted by Gravitas with  friendly help from Graham and Alison on Eternité against whom Gravitas was rafted. The weather was pleasant rather than warm but a glass of something from Liz and John’s generous supplies soon seemed to change the climate!

Then it was the Cruise Dinner in the splendid surroundings of the WFYC restaurant with its panoramic views over the Backwaters and the now dry Foundry Channel (did we really bring our boats up here?).

Summer reappeared on Sunday morning and crews were free to visit Walton (where there was a classic car event)  and the Naze (including the Grade II* listed Naze Tower), or, in the case of Hannah and Hotspur, take the opportunity to move to Titchmarsh enabling a return to the Deben on Monday. Cruise participants were requested to assemble at 3.30 by the dinghy park for the Boules match against WFYC. However (clearly terrified by the strength of the WCC flotilla) the host club declined to put forward a team, so yours truly had to design an internal competition. This comprised 4 teams of 4 people, with myself as organiser and referee.  After a hard-fought battle (during which the allure of the barbecues smoking close by increased apace) Team 2 (Graham (Card), Alison, John, and Liz) were declared the winners only separated from the runners up by conceding 2 less boules. This result simplified matters since Liz and John who had provided the prize were able to retain half of it!

An enjoyable barbecue in the warm late afternoon sun was followed by a very jolly, and at time hilarious, concert provided by Tony and Graham on guitar, and Anne on concertina.   Tony had chosen a programme of familiar songs which enabled everybody to join in the choruses. Thus a very successful evening brought the cruise to a fitting close with much thanks to John and Liz expressed by all. All that remained in the morning was to untangle the rafted boats and head home in the pleasant south westerly breeze.    Clive Hilton.


Three Waters Cruise – September 2018

Boats: Aberration, Altair, Amaryllis, Amata, Coila, Eternité, Expression, Finesse, Hannah, Livia, March Hare, Offshore Dream, Orca, Segret, Supernaut, Twizzle, Vivette

The Three Waters Cruise was our final cruise of the 2018 sailing season. And after a glorious summer, during which not a single cruise was cancelled due to bad weather, what could possibly go wrong? Well on the Thursday before the cruise was due to start, WindGuru was forecasting 64 knot gusts for Sunday, the first day of the planned cruise! So, the start of the cruise was postponed to Monday and, even though the really big winds never arrived, no one was sad to have missed a thoroughly wet and miserable Sunday.

On Monday we awoke to a sunny and cloudless sky, which was to last for the whole duration of the cruise. As arranged, the first 13 crews sailed to the Royal Harwich Yacht Club, some from the Deben and others from rather more local ports in the Orwell. After waiting for the training ketch, Faramir, to move out with her excited cargo of young people, all boats were eventually moored on the RHYC pontoons and SADS (round 1) commenced alongside Segret. Following a drink or two, most cruise participants then took the beautiful riverside walk to Pin Mill, where we enjoyed an excellent dinner, before walking back for a chilly night aboard.

On Tuesday, with light winds and more sun, we motorsailed out through Harwich and across to Walton Backwaters, where most boats anchored for lunch in Hamford Water (with at least one boat muddying its anchor for the first time ever). Anchored at the southern end of Oakley Creek, all of us were bound to see some seals popping up around us to see who was trespassing in their waters. But some were able to take a dinghy right up Bramble Creek to visit the colony of 25-30 seals basking on the mud banks. And, on the way back, we saw the extraordinary sight of a seal repeatedly jumping right out of the water before splashing back – as if it thought it was a dolphin! That afternoon, we headed in to Titchmarsh Marina, where we were met by four more boats who had started a day late, bringing the fleet to 17 boats in all – an excuse for SADS round 2.

Wednesday was yet another glorious morning but this time with a bit more breeze. So, the fleet headed out after breakfast, starting with a gentle run down the coast to Harwich, followed by a fantastic long beat with the flood all the way up to the Orwell Bridge, with a somewhat fluky Force 4 SW breeze to keep the helms alert. Arriving in the hour before High Water, we were able to go through the lock on freeflow, before mooring up in Ipswich Haven Marina for the night. That evening was our annual Cruise Dinner, so 55 of us enjoyed a delicious buffet at The Last Anchor.

All good things must come to an end, however, and on Thursday it was a relatively early start for those of us who had to return to the Deben on yet another sunny day. The late start to the cruise meant that we had only visited two of the three waters referred to in the cruise’s title but that seemed a small price to pay for some excellent sailing in the sun at the end of September.       Mark Richardson


2017 Season

Download a PowerPoint Show of 2017 cruises

The 2017 cruise reports can be viewed as a single pdf file from the button below


2016 Season

The 2016 cruise reports can be viewed as a single pdf file from the button below

2015 Season

The 2015 cruise reports can be viewed as a single pdf file from the button below


2014 Season

The 2014 cruise reports can be viewed as a single pdf file from the button below